Saturday 31 January 2009

Singing and dancing like no one is there.


I collect quotes from famous people like some people collect stamps. I don't collect any old phrases, I write down the ones that speak to my heart. My favourite quote of all time is:

“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” (Mark Twain)

I try to live my life by this quote. I try to remember to make the most of every day and live life to the full, experience has taught me that anything could happen tomorrow.

This is more difficult than it sounds. Life has a habit of trundling on without you really noticing. I have days where I cannot see the good and I am not trusting in God and His plan. I have days where nothing seems to go right and of course, I have the boring, run of the mill days that we all have.

I have been told that I am a positive person and, although I have to remind myself of this at times, I do agree with that view. I try to see the good in situations and in people, I think that is why, when I can't see the good, it hits me harder.

I have so much to be thankful for: (in no particular order) my parents, my amazing family, my 2 wonderful husbands, my 4 beautiful children, fantastic friends and the love of God. I am a very lucky girl (can't use the word woman, as at 36, it still seems too grown up for me) and I count my blessings regularly.

I sing and dance an awful lot. If you catch me at it, don't be concerned by the awful noise and the strange movements, I am living my life to the full, come and join me!

1 comment:

  1. So pleased I can be a dancing partner with you Ko x.

    ReplyDelete