Thursday 29 January 2009

January blues.

January is a tough month for most people. A Dr Arnells has come up with a calculation to work out the worst day of the year (1 of the Mondays in January).
The formula for the day of misery reads 1/8W+(D-d) 3/8xTQ MxNA.
Where W is weather, D is debt - minus the money (d) due on January's pay day - and T is the time since Christmas.
Q is the period since the failure to quit a bad habit, M stands for general motivational levels and NA is the need to take action and do something about it.

Now I don't know if this is true, but January 2009 has been pretty bad for me. A dear uncle died, my husband's job is not certain family members are playing silly games and hurting others, some friends have displayed some pretty ugly behaviour and are quite open about what they have done, almost proud, my parents' health has not been as it should and I am trying to support someone who has recently lost her husband.

I have tried to pass on everything to God in prayer, but I still go around with a huge weight on my shoulders. Why? Who knows?

What I do know is that next month HAS to be better. Already the evenings are getting lighter, it is a shorter month, Valentine's Day should bring romance into most relationships and we are heading closer to spring.

Not sure what the point of this entry is, but it has helped to get it all off of my chest.

1 comment: