Tuesday 3 February 2009

Snow

I have really enjoyed the last 2 days of lots of snow, granted I haven't had to battle into work.


The snow has meant I have had to walk everywhere, as have a lot of people. The children have loved the snow and I have been able to see it through their eyes. We hear a lot of people moaning about the snow and the news always looks at the problems associated with the snow. Instead, let's look at the fun and the beauty that God has given us, how the trees look, the joy on the children's faces, their creations of snowmen and the sound of children playing.





Walking out and about we have passed many people who have smiled and said hello, or passed comment about the snow (positive). Even the children (the eldest of whom is 8) have commented how the snow 'makes people nicer.' What is it about this weather that makes people feel that they can smile and remark, when normally they would walk on by?


This weather has made me resolve to be 'nicer' and make an effort to smile and say hello whenever I pass someone whilst out walking. If they think I am mad, so be it, but if it makes just 1 person smile then it is worth it.


2 comments:

  1. You will always make me smile Ko x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfft in my area I stepped out and I thought I was going to meet a polar bear. Instead I met an albino kitten, at least I thought it was a cat it might of just been a huge mouse.

    and snow does make people nice :D

    Anyway sorry you must think I am weird, I just stepped onto your blog.

    ReplyDelete