Tuesday 10 February 2009

Me, myself and I

Sometime ago I was challenged to list 10 of my faults and 10 of my positive points. I found the former really easy, but the latter gave me a headache. I have decided to try again.

10 faults I have

1. I am very untidy
2. I am too sensitive
3. I worry too much
4. I find it almost impossible to say no
5. I take even the slightest criticism to heart (particularly from my Mum)
6. I care what others think of me (even those who don't know me too well)
7. I hate cooking
8. I procrastinate
9. I lack confidence
10. I have little willpower


10 positives

1. I am a good Mum
2. I was a good teacher (and will be when I go back to teaching)
3. I am a good listener
4. I speak my mind (is that a + or a -)
5. I can keep a secret
6. I am trustworthy
7.I am strong in a crisis
8.
9.
10

Ok, the first part took me 5 minutes or so........the second part I am still unable to finish. Why is it that we always focus on the faults rather than celebrating the postives?

5 comments: