Friday 8 May 2009

To do list.






El Río Pasa
(Ancient Otomí poem)

The river flows and flows

and never ceases.
The wind blows and blows
and never ceases.
Life passes on, never to return.





I love poetry and I keep a notebook with a selection of my favourites, reading through it I came across this beautiful poem. This coupled with watching The Bucket List has really got me thinking.


I am very happy with most aspects of my life and although there are many things that make me think 'I want to do that', but only a few that I really feel the need to do.

So here is my list:

  • Take part in The Playtex Moonwalk
  • Go on safari
  • Work in a school/orphanage in Africa
  • Get a tattoo
  • See my children happy in adulthood
  • Help someone to achieve their dream
  • Take my children to Florida to see Disney and the Epcot Centre


When I started my list it was as long as my arm. I read it through and tweaked it and then sat and thought about it properly. Were the things on my list really what I needed to do? I redid my list with the things that I needed to do and got down to these 7 points. This list has some promises to others (I promised Matthew I would take our children to Florida one day and I promised Alan I would do the Moonwalk with him) but really it is a list of things that I can honestly say that I will be sad not to have done by the end of my life.

What would your 'to do' list be?


5 comments:

  1. That's a lovely list - some easier to achieve than others. But a tattoo you can get done straight away - the otehrs you might need to wait a bit longer. So do it - and then you can be happy to have crossed one off your list. I have a tiger on my right ankle and I had it done 16 years ago. I still love it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My difficulty with the tattoo is I have an idea what I would like, a design comprising 4 stars, but I keep changing my mind on how the design should be. Until I have a definite design, I won't do it. There is also the question of where to have it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the Playtex moonwalk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is this Suz:http://www.walkthewalk.org/Challenges/ThePlaytexMoonWalk

    ReplyDelete