Thursday 7 May 2009

Seeing me


Isn't it strange how we view ourselves and how others view us?

To me, I am tall and overweight (still need to lose the pregnancy weight). My hair is a mop as I am growing it and it is at the inbetween/no real style stage and the roots need doing, and the bags under my eyes are now a permanent fixture as my youngest has an aversion to sleeping more than 3 hours at a time. I don't wear my clothes, they wear me at the moment. I am concious of where they are too tight/too baggy and of the marks of motherhood on them, fingerprints, food stains, snot, baby sick...you know what I mean.

This week 3 people have commented on how well I am looking, 2 people have mentioned how good my hair looks and 2 people have commented on how much weight I have lost. This boosts my ego, but leaves me confused. My scales still tell me I need to lose 1 1/2 stone, my mirror shows me where my clothes don't fit and how tiredness has crept over my features.

I am in a good place at the moment, helped by a delivery of new clothes that actually fit me. Today I am wearing a new outfit, and I have taken on board what others have said. I have actually made an effort to be more yummy and less slummy mummy today and have put a small amount of make up and I feel good.

Today the mirror is telling me that I don't scrub up too badly for a 36 year old mum of 4.

Pointless blog really, but there you go ... :o)

4 comments:

  1. good to know you are having a good day - enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not pointless at all - I'm glad you're feeling good. And I'm sure it will get even better... I hope the last couple of months haven't been too awful for you - I had wondered where you had gone! Good to see you back and thanks for your lovely comemnts too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jane.
    Thanks MT, been a bit down and lacking blog fodder :o) hopefully back on form now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got something else for you - a place to hang out and meet other bloggers - come and vist - http://britishmummybloggers.ning.com/ I told them to expect you!! x

    ReplyDelete